• As a Superintendent you will be responsible for the execution of a range of dredging works projects often working in remote locations ensuring works completed to specification and in line with method statements.
• Reporting to the Project Manager your role will be to organize dredging works tracking, monitoring & reporting on the production of Dredging vessels ensuring that operations run smoothly liaising with the vessel Captain, Port Authorities, Technical Superintendent & Survey teams to ensure optimization of the vessel’s production schedule.
• Together with Captain, Technical Superintendent and Production Department you will help establish the most productive way of dredging, (i.e. the right choice of cutter, suction heads, impellers, number of pumps, choice of dredging cycle, etc) to deliver the most cost-effective method of execution and will monitors & report on the actual daily output versus estimated output.
• You will be degree qualified in either Civil (Structures, Geo-technical) / Mechanical / Construction / Marine Engineering
• Organised & structured in your approach you will be able to work closely with a team of both internal & external stakeholder to get the desired result
• You don’t need to have previous experience in the same sort of role so long as you are adaptable & flexible it will take you a long way.
• You will need to possess a ‘can do’ attitude & a spirit of adventure that will encourage you to work in often remote locations, working on projects worldwide on a rotation of 2 months on site (onshore) / 1 month holiday.
• In return our client can offer a varied & challenging role where no two projects are quite the same.
• Working on projects both across the region & farther afield they can offer accelerated career path, the opportunity to travel & see the world plus an attractive salary package / 2 months on 1 month off rotation to compensate for time spent away from home.
Interested applicants please apply with an updated copy of your CV in
Company Description: Hays, established in 1958, is a global leader in specialist recruitment services operating in 27 countries around the world. Hays in Singapore is your gateway to exceptional recruitment service, delivered by specialist, professional consultants who understand your market.
Hays is an international leader in specialist recruitment with over 8,900 employees in 390 offices located across 29 countries including Australasia, the UK and Ireland, Continental Europe and Canada.